Beaver Creek, Colorado, is much more than just a winter wonderland. While it’s true that much of the town is focused around winter activities, Beaver Creek comes alive in the summer too. With lush green hills and crisp mountain air, it’s the perfect place to get outdoors and explore.
WHERE TO STAY
The Ritz Bachelor Gulch was the perfect base for exploring. It’s has all the seclusion of a private mountain resort while being really close to most other activities in the area. Using the local shuttle is an easy way to get around all year long! The hotel itself had an incredible pool and spa, as well as its own chairlift connecting to the rest of Beaver Creek ski area. Summer or winter, these slopes provide amazing views of the Vail Valley, totally breathtaking!
WHAT TO DO
- The Village: Located at the heart of Beaver Creek ski area, this outdoor dining and shopping area rests at the base of the main ski lifts and features adorable shops, restaurants for all tastes and the outfitters necessary to enjoy the mountain and terrain any which way you choose.
- Ice Skating: Easily the main attraction within Beaver Creek Village, this adorable ice skating rink is open year-round and offers up the quintessential mountain village experience.
- Hiking: The slopes really never close in Beaver Creek as snow gives way to world class terrain for hikers, bikers and runners alike. The views are unmatched and the seclusion is unrivaled.
- Gondola Ride: For the more low-key viewing experience, take advantage of the village gondola and its loop into the Beaver Creek Ski Area. If it’s open, grab a drink at the Spruce Saddle Lodge!
WHERE TO EAT
- Bachelor’s Lounge: This tucked away watering hole is a warm addition to the offering at the Ritz. With a pool table, outdoor fire-pit, and huge spirits selection, this is a great spot to enjoy the finer things.
- Vail Brewing Company: Located outside Beaver Creek, VBC in the Vail Valley offers up delicious and ever-popular beers, kombucha and often features a great local food truck. There are also dispensaries nearby in what some locals like to call the “Green Mile.”
- Splendido @ The Chateau: This fine dining experience is truly one-of-a-kind on the mountain. Set in the valley within a high-end boutique hotel, Splendido combines rustic colorado flavors with elegant twists emblematic of award-wining cuisine. And there is even a live pianist!
- Beaver Creek Chop House: This essential mountain-side bar and restaurant offer incredible scenery, slope-side people watching and a complete menu for all tastes. Their bar also happens to be one of the more lively spots in the Village.